Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 15th, 2011

July 15th, 2011


We left this morning for our last trip to Kampala. It was another long day and the market we were in search for wasn’t around today. This really bummed us out cus it’s one of the reason we traveled that fun distance in a taxi. I was still able to experience more of this crazy city, which was pretty fun. There were certainly places that threw me for a loop. We saw Kadaphi mosque or however you say that guys name. It was really massive and looked out of place among all the other decaying buildings down below it. There is certainly still a huge gap between the rich and the poor. The middle class isn’t as common, but i think it is slowly growing.

After sitting next to the biggest Ugandan I’ve seen in awhile on the coaster, we made it back to Jinja and found a couple things we needed to pick up. After some shopping I finally experienced Ling Ling, which is an authentic chinese food restaurant. I hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast so you would say it was quite the long day. This meal definitely made up for the lack of food in me. It’s not the big things here that you miss, it ends up being all the small things you don’t think about on a day to day basis. I’ve only really been here for 50 days or so and I’ve noticed it. I know if this became a lifestyle you would really start adapting to all the change. Those little things would still eat at you, but as I said, it doesn’t seem to hit you everyday. A subtle layer of numbness floats over you and gradually builds. Once this callous get tough enough I think anyone could survive in any part of the world. It’s just a matter of time.....

We paid a visit to our friend Abagail before leaving Jinja then finally made it home. It was an intensely long day and I never thought a 5 inch foam mattress would feel so good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment