Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 6th, 2011

July 6th, 2011


The internet has been down here in Iganga so I haven’t been able to get on for a bit. But it’s just internet right? Just a connection to the entire world at your fingertips. It’s hard to image a world without it now.

You ever judge someone based on their appearance? Based on their body size? Their clothes? The way they walk? The way they stand or interact? Yea all of us have right? New plan.....how bout that all goes out the window.....how bout we get to know one another before we bang that gavel? I personally am a failure at this and I know it is wrong. I might possibly be the worst.....just because it’s true, the way someone looks can tell a lot about them...but not all. When it happens to you, a jury judging before they know a testimony, you’ll wish they’d listen.

There has been a lot of painting going on at Musana for the past week or so. We got back to the fence today so it was a nice break from painting, despite the fact that it is more physically demanding. We got to another large patch of trees so we decided to stop there. Going around them and onto the next few posts seems more practical than clearing all of em out of the way. I don’t think anyone will try and get through the mess of vines and branches to get over the fence at that point. It’s security in itself. We did shatter a concrete post today though, which was a first. Turns out you can crank the wire too tight. Hopefully it will be ok and still serve the purpose.

I was able to help a little more with the primer and paint today. It seems all the clothes I brought are starting to get speckled with paint and primer, which sucks. I am thinkin it will all come out with a good ol machine wash back in the states. I am certainly thankful someone decided to invent a machine to wash clothes. I’m gettin short on underwear, so I’ll be gettin to participate in washing them by hand soon. It isn’t difficult, just rather time consuming. Not having a dish washer isn’t as bad, I got used to that this past year.

The other day my lungs were hurting around sunset. There was also a strange orange glow to everything. Bryan pointed it out to me and I noticed it was true. I think it was somehow a more polluted day than usual, which is a lot because I think the air is pretty dirty here. The farther you get away from town the better the air seems. Musana is a treck away so it isn’t bad there. Walking around town I can definitely feel (and smell) all the things in the air. There aren’t any emissions requirements here. I have seen cars and bodas emitting a ton of crappy exhaust on several occasions. Luckily we aren’t terribly high above sea level so getting enough oxygen isn’t a problem, it’s what’s mixed with the oxygen that is. On the other hand, maybe it’s just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment